Dam and Hydrographic Survey
Dam and Hydrographic Surveys
Doucet Survey began work in dam and hydrographic survey in 1989 doing a pre-dredge surveys of Hampton and Seabrook Harbor using a small outboard with echo sounder for depths and total station on shore for horizontal location of the sounding. Technological advances in equipment and software have changed today’s methods.
Dam & Waterfront Survey
- Emery Mills Dam – Shapleigh, ME
- Bicentenial Park Seawall, Hampton, NH
- Wentworth by the Sea Marina – New Castle, NH
- Hampton Marina – Hampton, NH
- Blacks Creek – Quincy, MA
- Brickyard Estates – Dover, NH
- Gooseberry Island, Kittery, ME
- Ossipee Lake Community Docks – Ossipee, NH
- USCG Boathouse – Boothbay, ME
- Portland Yacht Co. – Portland, ME
- Bellamy Reservoir Dam – Madbury, NH
Highlights & Hurdles
Working on or near rivers, lakes and oceans
Emery Mills Dam
Challenge: Precisely the existing location of an old stone block dam to allow for long term deformation monitoring.
Solution: By establishing control points in nearby ledge outcrops and scanning the dam face with our Laser Scanner we can return periodically to re-scan and monitor movement of the stones.
Waterfront projects present challenges that we embrace.
Send us a message and our experts will be in touch shortly.